To: Randall Tokar
Harvard Business School
MBA in Entrepreneurship, General Management
Statement of Purpose
The person has not yet uploaded any essay.
Letters of Recommendation
The person has not yet submitted any recommendation letter.
The person has not yet submitted any scholarship details.
RANDALL E. TOKAR
mobile: 203-644-0330; email: email@example.com;LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/randytokar
Chief operations and strategy executive with 25+ years’ experience managing businesses through periods of transformation and hyper growth. Track record building and leading world-class operations, integration and consulting teams and leading organic growth, product and client integration and business unit divestiture activities. Analytical and strategic thinker who is adept at creating and re-engineering business operations and infrastructure to build and turnaround under-performing businesses, elevate functional capability and drive profits. Deep expertise in consumer lending and asset management.
1/0 CAPITAL, LLC,New York, NY 2015 - present
Partner and Chief Operating Officer (2015-present)
COO of Financial Technology portfolio holding company with broad operational responsibilities including Financial and Risk Management, Human Capital Management, Security, Business Continuity, Corporate Real Estate, Infrastructure, Corporate Services.
• Served as interim COO to portfolio companies, driving strategy, business intelligence and organizational design.
• Created and designed portfolio operating framework to launch new businesses and monitor financial investments.
• Delivered operational plans for rapid due diligence and closing on three concurrent Series A financing rounds.
• Developed system of internal financial and security controls to actively manage cash flow and information assets.
• Implemented annual and quarterly planning at holding and operating company levels.
BRIDGEWATER ASSOCIATES, LP,Westport, CT 2007-2015 Chief Operating Officer – Corporate Real Estate and Services 2011-2015
Built and managed divisional financial and business operations during period of tremendous growth, more than doubling infrastructure and services. Instituted capital planning for ongoing expansion of company’s physical footprint. Provided strategic and operational leadership throughout Technology, Finance, Procurement, Project Management, Human Capital Management, Security and Business Continuity functions. Senior Member of Bridgewater Emergency Management Team.
• Recruited and staffed Shared Services Organization, growing from 2 to 18 professionals during first year in the role.
• Led senior leadership team through institution of strategic planning, budgeting and ongoing operational reviews.
• Crafted long-term plan to deliver complex Integrated Facilities Management strategy.
• Managed third party supplier and partner relationships
• Redesigned procurement strategy and organization, resulting in 8.0 ROI on vendor management resources.
• Established business continuity, ensuring zero enterprise downtime through two hurricanes and two blizzards.
• Managed security, ops and infrastructure program in support of Back Office divestiture to Bank of New York.
Chief Operating Officer – Trading 2007-2011
Modernized operations with advent of algorithmic and automated trading platforms in support of global trade execution.
• Led trading efforts to manage liquidity and counter party risk during 2008 financial crisis.
• Developed middle office execution capability, leading to 80% decline in counter-party trade settlement errors.
• Shortened trading partner set up time 40% through redesign of counterparty scorecard and integration capability.
• Recruited and staffed Shared Services Organization, growing from zero to six professionals.
• Managed global counter party relationships with banks and prime brokers.
• Reduced vendor costs 15% for market data, software licensing, and consulting services through successful renegotiation of contracts.
MRU HOLDINGS, New York, NY 2005-2006
Senior Vice President – Operations.
Profit and loss responsibility for public specialty finance company focused on direct to consumer education finance.
Designed, built and operationalized consumer lending platform, growing business to fourth largest student loan originator. Increased loan origination 400%. Achieved company’s first revenue event and first student loan portfolio securitization.
• Restructured and turned around underperforming customer service team into sales focused, revenue producing entity, increasing application conversion rate by factor of ten within first quarter.
• Developed paperless underwriting and loan processing capability, tripling processing capacity for funded loans.
• Directed operational due diligence for $100M supplemental credit facility for financing loan portfolio.
GE MONEY, Stamford, CT 2001-2005
Vice President – New Product Introduction and Business Integration 2004-2005
Six Sigma Quality and Client Consulting Leader, driving $1B product portfolio and client integration across North and South American business units. Certified Six Sigma Quality Leader. Transformed Marketing, Finance, Risk Management and Six Sigma Quality teams into unified New Product Council.
• Increased satisfaction scores 25% and cut time to market 30% through introduction of data-driven client scorecard.
• Outstanding commercial performance recognized through receipt of GE Corporate Client Consulting Award.
Senior Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis 2002-2004
Profit and Loss responsibility for liquidation of $25B credit card portfolio, delivering $180M net income. Aligned financial and operational processes to investment and business strategy.
• Selected for Crotonville Leadership Development Program.
• Outstanding performance recognized though receipt of GE Money Productivity Award.
Program Manager – Digitization 2001-2002
Delivered $100M+ in productivity through digitization of business processes for GE Card Services back office functions.
ADERO, INC., Waltham, MA (Assets Acquired by Inktomi and Colt Telecom) 2000-2001
Director – Business Performance Management
Built and directed business operations and led process improvement and re-engineering initiatives through engineering, operations, and IT for Internet infrastructure startup focused on global content distribution. Organized and chaired global operational Internet Service Provider alliance. Led operational due diligence for IPO planning and business unit divestiture, paving path for sale of Content Bridge business unit.
• Produced and delivered training program to over ten European and Asian Internet Service Providers, expanding service footprint by 35% in first full year of operations.
• Redesigned software development to eliminate manual effort, increasing deployment quality and speed by 200%.
UNITED STATES NAVY 1990 - 1998
Director, Steam Engineering. Product Manager for eight engineering courses. Engineering Training Readiness and Executive Steering Committees. Designated US Navy Master Training Specialist. Awarded Navy Commendation Medal.
Senior Operations Manager. Led new construction ship through maiden wartime deployment to Arabian Gulf. Managed department of 70 across four warfare specialties. Designated Surface Warfare Officer. Awarded Navy Achievement Medal.
Senior Engineering Manager. Directed comprehensive nuclear overhaul programs. Managed department of 120 across five technical specialties. Selected among 32 peers to perform first new reactor startup. Awarded Navy Achievement Medal.
Nuclear Engineering Officer
American Exchange Officer, Brazil
FINANCE FOR GOOD, BRAZIL 2015 – Present
Board of Directors
PENN STATE NROTC ALUMNI INTEREST GROUP 2014 – Present
Board of Directors
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL, Boston, MA
Masters of Business Administration 2000
THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA
Bachelor of Arts – History (with Distinction) 1990
Secretary of the Navy Distinguished Graduate
Vice President’s Award for Outstanding Scholar Leader
JOHN F. WELCH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CENTER, Crotonville, NY
Advanced Financial Management Program 2003
US NAVY NUCLEAR POWER PROGRAM
Certified Naval Nuclear Engineer 1994