Effective Date: October 26, 2015
Your privacy matters to us, please do take the time to get to know our practices - and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information We Collect
Information you provide us directly when you sign up or access our services
When you sign up for or use our website or Service, you voluntarily give us certain information. We collect the following information:
Your real name, password and e-mail address when you sign up with email for an Ivystudentsprofile account.
- Your profile information via other social networking sites. If you choose to access our services through your Facebook, Google or Twitter account, we may obtain certain information from those accounts related to your public profile (such as your location, name, userid or email). Note that we do not retrieve, access or store your Facebook, Google or Twitter paswords in any form.
- Your Profile information that you provide for your user profile. This can include your location, grad school, profile photo, etc. This information enables us to help you or others be "found" on Ivystudentsprofile.
- User Content such as essays, admission letters, bio data and test scores that you post to the Service.
- Date and time when you first register on our website and last visited our website.
Analytics information: Ivystudentsprofile may employ third-party analytics tools to measure traffic and analyze how you use our Service. We may collect information of certain types such as the web pages you visit, the amount of time spent on particular pages and other information that helps us in improving the Service.
Cookie data: Depending on how you're accessing our services, we may use "cookies" to improve user experience. We use persistent (that last until you or your browser delete them) and session cookies (that last until you close your browser) and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of the Service; (c) customize the Service to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the Service.
Log data: When you use our Service, we may record certain non-personal information such as Internet Protocol ("IP") address, geolocation information, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links across our Services including our email notifications, landing pages, pages viewed, the date and time you used the Service and other such information.
Device Information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using to access Ivystudentsprofile services, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, and other such information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect from our services to maintain and improve the overall quality of our services, to develop new services and to protect our users. We use this data to:
analyze how the Service is used
- diagnose technical problems
- maintain security, personalize content
- remember information to help you efficiently access your account
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- track User Content and users
- offer you tailored content - like giving you more relevant search results and ads
- send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you
- let you know about upcoming changes or improvements related to our services. When you contact Ivystudentsprofile, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing or to respond to your questions or comments. We may use your email address to inform you about our forthcoming improved services.
Sharing Of Your Information
We do not disclose your information to third parties outside Ivystudentsprofile without your consent, except as described in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Ivystudentsprofile may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of providing the Service to you or with third parties offering combined services with Ivystudentsprofile. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Ivystudentsprofile (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, provide relevant advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- If you choose to sign on to the Service through a third-party service, we may share or disclose your information with your consent. We cannot control third parties' use of your information.
Business Transfers and Affiliates
Your Choices About Your Information
- You can access and change information in your profile page at any time. If you've registered on our website, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
- You can link or unlink your Ivystudentsprofile account from an account on another service such as Facebook, Google and Twitter
- You may update or correct your account settings and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account.
How To Contact Us About A Deceased User?
In the event of the death of an Ivystudentsprofile User, please contact us. We usually conduct our communication via email. In case we require further information, we will contact you at the email address you'd provide in your request.
Ivystudentsprofile does not knowingly collect information of children under 13 years of age or knowingly allow such persons to register on our website. If we become aware that we have gathered personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the child's account.